[[Help]] I have no idea how to fix this >.<

Discussion in 'Software' started by daneasaur, Feb 28, 2008.

1. daneasaur

daneasaur Private E-2

Hi, umm i don't actually know where to put this thread so i figured this might be the most appropriate.
    (Please move this thread if it is in the wrong forum)

Okay..

Well I'm not too sure what I've done but my computer has recently started restarting itself at random times.

Sometimes I get past the start-up, other times not.

Recently i have had errors saying;
    Problems with clock chipset,
    IDE Drivers not found
    Computer has been restarted due to error (Dumping of Physical Memory)

I'm not sure what any of this means :\

Also i have had in a computer technician, yet he has no seemed to fix this problem.

He told me that this may be because I downloaded a Vista Theme pack (Vista Transformation Pack 6.0)

I had previously tried to uninstall this program which led to the computer restarting more often and then asking to "Boot from CD", this made me install it again >.<

Any help will be much appreciated

Thank you;

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

These errors could be due to a corrupt or faulty or missing chipset driver. They could also be due to a malfunctioning or dying CMOS battery. They could also be due to a bad BIOS. I don't think the Vista Transformation Pack can cause an IDE problem, but who knows. Try reloading your chipset drivers first. If that doesn't help, install a new CMOS battery. They're only about $2 or $3, but you will have to setup your BIOS again: time, date, boot order, etc. If that doesn't work, run a memory diagnostic using in-depth extended tests over a length of time. If none of those things help, visit your motherboard or PC maker's web site and look for a possible BIOS update....
    Welcome to MajorGeeks! :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds