HELP: I have three Unknown Drivers for which I cannot find driver updates

Discussion in 'Software' started by NemishPatel, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NemishPatel

NemishPatel Private E-2

Hey [To Whom It May Concern],

I installed WinXP Pro Lite on my Compaq Presario V2311US. I was able to find the majority of my drivers on compaq's website, but there are three drivers which I cannot find. They are for the following:

IEEE 1394 Controller
    Device Instance ID: PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8032&SUBSYS_3091103C&REV_00\4&13826118&0&4AA4
    Hardware ID:
    PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8032&SUBSYS_3091103C&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8032&SUBSYS_3091103C
    PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8032&CC_0C0010
    PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8032&CC_0C00

Unknown Device
    Device Instance ID: ACPI\ACPI0003\4&BF7C77B&0
    Hardware ID:
    ACPI\ACPI0003
    *ACPI0003

Unknown Device
    Device Instance ID: ACPI\PNP0C0A\1
    Hardware ID:
    ACPI\PNP0C0A
    *PNP0C0A

I am pretty sure that the IEEE 1394 Controller is for my firewire, but I still can't find a driver. Also, the two unknown devices must be for my laptop battery monitor because right now my laptop shows it is always on an Interruptible Power Supply.

Is there anyway you guys would be able to help me? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Nemish

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

The little bit I just found is that the IEEE 1394 Controller driver is actually from Microsoft and can be gotten through an update.
    This link shows the driver you want, but the download link actually takes you to the MS Update site.
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/35985
    Both the other devices also end up with MS ID's (and yes, one description said something about the battery) but I didn't find drivers for them.
    Have you installed the Compaq supplied chipset for your laptop? Of course I can't track that down either.

First, make sure your Windows Updates are fully updated.
    If that doesn't work:
    I would uninstall those 3 devices from within Device Manager. Shut down and re-boot.
    If that didn't work:
    Install your chipset driver, shut down and re-boot again.

3. NemishPatel

NemishPatel Private E-2

Since I have WinXP Lite, I do not have IE install so I tried installing it. The installation fails everytime. Is there any other way for me to be able to update the driver. I also tried installing my Compaq Chipset but it didn't work.

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I'm not familiar with XP Lite. Does it have Help and Support in the Start menu? You may be able to update through there.

5. GannonNexiv

GannonNexiv Private E-2

I just dealt with this problem and I'll be getting the drivers from microsoft's site directly. Never the less I think I can help you with the update problem, or at least part of it, as I just recently solved it.

You may be able to simply get IE6SP1 from microsoft, install it and then continue installing 7 and 8. This may not work as you may lack url.dll and urlmon.dll in the %systemroot%\system32 folder. If this is the case copy them to a folder (like c:\pend) from another XP Pro machine. Then use sysinternals pendmove (use those two keywords, free software) to move those files to the c:\windows\system32 folder on reboot. If this still doesn't work copy the %systemroot%\ie8 (I think it was there) folder from the XP Pro box before you install ie6/7/8.

You may have a bit of trouble with WGA. I didn't... but you might. Be sure you use a valid Key when you install. You can purchase a valid key from Microsoft for 150$ or so, and I strongly suggest doing so. You'll need to change your key if you entered an inappropriate one. The following should help you do so:

This is to repair the WGA on the lite version of XP.

Regedit and navigate to HARDWARE_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current\WPAEvents and alter OOBETimer minorly to unreg system. (You right click modify the key and just plug in an FF to change two of the numbers for example).

Then run: (Get this from the XP Pro machine and copy it, no pend required)

Windows\System32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

Click on the telephone option and click change product key at bottom of window. Once changed you can cancel and rerun this application to authorize over the internet.

Please note I will not give any help to those who wish to pirate software. Those who wish to steal this OS are on their own, and I'm sure this site would agree with me. I also ask that no one do this as it might risk the thread.

XP Lite is an alternative flavor of XP that is indeed desirable. Great care must be taken however as the kernel32.dll has been seen with a trojan installed. To clean it simply use MagicISO and copy the kernel32.dl_ file from a clean XP Pro disk and save out the ISO. Burn, install and savor the flavor!

Take care, I hope this helps others!

Gannon

P.S. Use FireFox with NoScript, Privacy+, Ghostery, NoRedirect and Personas. It is far more secure the the IE you just fixed! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds