HELP I really need a program for my LiteOn DVD burner

Discussion in 'Software' started by cuddlepuppy, Aug 15, 2006.

1. cuddlepuppy

cuddlepuppy Private E-2

It's a LiteOn DVDRW model LDW-851S. I upgraded the firware to GSOP, and still couldn't get Nero (5.5.9.14) to find it. I uninstalled Nero and reinstalled it, still no luck. Is there another program I should use, or a newer version of Nero? BTW "NO ONE" answered my previous post on this problem I am haveing.

PLEASE HELP. I got tons of video to convert.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

I answered in your previous post, to bump it up. I am sorry no one replied to your post.

3. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Try going to control panel, add hardware, and from the pull down list add the drive, not familar with nero but maybe it needs updated, you could possibly get a trial from their website on a newer version, usually when somebody dont answer a post it is because there is not enough info to even take a guess, be patient, this is FREE. ed

4. askantik

askantik Sergeant

Come on, give the kid his money back. :p

cuddlepuppy, try this program: CDBurnerXP Pro. The link is http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ and it will burn CDs as well as DVDs. As for Nero, I don't know why it doesn't recognize your drive. Hope that link helps.

5. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Just a thought - if you are running WinXP and using Nero 5.x I remember this version having an incompatablility issue with XP SP2 (at least the OEM version does - I don't know about retail). There may be a patch on the Nero site or the Windows site for it. Try to search for an update through the program itself - I just checked the Nero site and couldn't even find a reference to the 5.x versions . . . but then I didn't do a comprehensive search. Nero 6.x does not have the issue.

Don't know if this could be the problem or not.

My first re-writable drive was a Lite-on CDRW, and Nero had no problem seeing it on my XP machine.

Good luck

6. Natakel

Natakel Guest

It tasked me, so I searched further. This link will take you to the latest upgrade for your version of Nero 5.x:

http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/nero-up_vor.php

This should update yours to version 5.5.10.56. It may not fix the problem, but it's worth a try.

Hope this helps.

7. DAKz

DAKz Corporal

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2006

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds