Help Identify ATI Rage Card Please

Discussion in 'Software' started by Watching TV, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Watching TV

Watching TV Private E-2

Hi,

I just got a computer from a friend that has an ATI Rage Video card. I could find no markings other than the Rage symbol on the main processor chip. I am tired of only having 640 X 480 - 16 colors.

It is a short AGP card on a Dell Dimension PIII-550. I have no idea if this is the original card. It has what looks like an S-Video connection and a RCA jack with yellow (video?) insulator.

I have Windows 98 SE installed and cannot find any drivers that work. I have installed many and go through the installation and reboot and at the end of the installation I get a message saying that the hardware is not compatible with the driver.

On my other computer the boot screen tells me what video card and bios version I have. This one does not tell me. Anyone know how to exactly identify the card?

Thanks.

Oh yeah, one more thing:

I am having the same situation with the Sound Blaster. The number on the card is CT4100 and no driver seems to work. But I haven't tried that hard. I have been on the video problem first.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds