Help, I'm new here and have a terrible problem!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by r_deranger, Dec 10, 2008.

1. r_deranger

r_deranger Private E-2

Hello, I think I'm very happy to have found this site. It seems to be just what I need.

My immediate problem is that a while back i was going to try to put a movie on disk but I didn't know what I was doing and part of the file(the icon) stayed stuck in the "ready to copy to cd" place. When I try to delete it it says:
    cannot deleat setup 100 million b.c.: cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name.

I need to make some photo cd's and I keep ruining blanks because of that leftover piece of file

...and remember I don't know what I'm doing, so PLEASE, PLEASE try to help me quick!!!

it is a TOSHIBA dvd rom sd-r2512

Thanks,
    Rachelle

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Quick questions...

What Windows version you using?
    What burning software are you using to create your CDs?

What you could try is if a temp file is still waiting to be burned it maybe in the temp folder so run CCleaner and see if that will clear it out, also what I would suggest until you resolve this use CDRW (re-write CDs) to test with as those can be erased and used again until problem is solved.

Maybe aboe to if using the inbuilt XP CD burning application to Right Click in My Computer the CD writer drive and choose Delete temporary files, then try again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds