help install office 2007 on 64bit vista hm prem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kihtech, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Kihtech

Kihtech Private E-2

Hi everyone, Im new here!.. I have A 64bit running vista home basic on a tosheba laptop.. Im trying to install microsoft 2007 on this laptop and doing so as an administrator ,however its saying '' you must be a admin to install office 2007 " I dont understand this.. can anyone help me with this please? thanks in advance to all

2. markj

markj Private E-2

If you haven't tried this already, please right click setup file with your mouse and choose "Run as administrator", perhaps this might solve your problem.

3. Kihtech

Kihtech Private E-2

Thanks for that quick reply Markj.. I tryed right clicking the set up file and it didnt gave me that option.. after google search the erro msg, I found a link that guided me of another way. Windows Vista... Even if you log on as an administrator, you don’t really have administrative rights, thanks to UAC (User Account Control). UAC runs almost everything using non-administrator rights to help protect you from bad software that would abuse those administrator rights to change your settings or install virus software..

When you run a setup program, UAC should automatically prompt you to run it as an administrator using the UAC prompt (which Microsoft calls the “consent” prompt). If you don’t see this, right-click the program, and then click Run As Administrator. Then, it will really run as an administrator. It should have prompted you, but for some reason, Vista didn’t realize it needed Administrator rights. It woudln’t hurt to check the software developer’s website for a version of the program made for Vista; that would also fix the problem.
    If you really get sick of this, you can try disabling UAC–you’ll be giving up a lot of Vista’s security benefits, though, so I don’t recommend it.

You can also seek help from the Internet community at the Microsoft Newsgroups–the Vista newsgroup is your best bet for this type of question..
    I wasnt sure if I can add the link here or not so I just copy what help me and post it here.. hope this will help someone else as it did me!! thanks again Markj and Im glad to be aport of major geek now.. lol

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds