help...installed 2 antivirus...

Discussion in 'Software' started by gizmo, Sep 6, 2004.

1. gizmo

gizmo Private E-2

i installed two various antivirus caus i didnt know that this will caus serious problems!

now i cant reboot my pc...not normally nor in safe mode!

does anyone knows how i could get access to the HD and remove the antivirus prog?

caus if i cant fix it i have to reinstall windows and loose a lot of data!

thnx in advance

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

What would be good is the Windows version you're using, also some specs (CD drives would be useful here). Also, we need to know exactly what AV programs you were using.

If its XP, then we might be able to help you out by using the Recovery Console to restore your configuration to a previous state. You have been using System Restore, I hope?

If its not... then we'll have to work out an alternative course of action.

But in any case, you should be able to get all of your data off the machine by some method, if we cannot help you restore the configuration.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds