help installing win2k

Discussion in 'Software' started by nb1t, Dec 15, 2005.

1. nb1t

nb1t Private E-2

I am currently working on formatting a friends laptop, it is a really old machine that he uses for email and word documents at work, it is a Toshiba Protégé 3110ct that only has a floppy drive I have got the drive formatted using the windows 98 boot disk to get to dos and I am now trying to install windows 2k from a external USB cd-rom (Benq crw5224wu) but I can not see the drive from dos. I have tried to find the atapi drivers for this particular cdrom and have not been able to find ones that will work in dos. If anyone would be so kind to help if there is any other way of being able to find this cdrom drive and get windows installed on this machine that would be great.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds