Help! Lost communication with both dvd burners

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clayaadcox, Feb 4, 2009.

1. clayaadcox

clayaadcox Private E-2

SOME HOW i HAVE LOST COMMUNICATION WITH MY DVD BURNERS AND CANT SEEM TO FIX THE PROBLEM WHEN i TRY TO USE (d) DRIVE ITS SAYS IO ERROR, WHEN i TRY TO USE MY OTHER DVD BURNER WITH LIGHT SCRIBE IT DOESN'T DO A DAMN THING CAN SOMEONE ENLIGHTEN ME ON WHAT IS GOING ON ? i'VE TRIED TO UNINSTALL/REINSTALL THEM IT DOESN'T WORK! :confused

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Try to boot to a CD using each drive individually; your Windows install CD is a good one. This will tell you if it's a hardware problem with the motherboard and/or the drives, or if it's a software/Windows problem. If you can boot to a CD on each drive, then try re-installing your chipset drivers. You can also try a system restore to a date before the problem started. Since you didn't mention if you're using XP or Vista (or maybe something else), you can check out this link and use the info that applies to your OS. The problem mentioned in that thread isn't really the same problem you're having, but it might help (it can't hurt). You can also try a new data cable, check to be sure the drives cables (data and power) and firmly connected to the drives and the motherboard, and check the jumpers (if IDE drives). Set the top drive for master, the 2nd drive for slave. Be sure to unplug the power cord from the PC before opening the case.
    GOOD LUCK!

:-D

3. chigger

chigger Private E-2

You say you "tried" uninstalling. In what way did you do that?

I would delete them from the device manager then reboot to see if the mobo will find and refresh them.

4. clayaadcox

clayaadcox Private E-2

thanks Ive tried most of those .But still nothing could it be a program that was downloaded by another user on my pc that is causing this problem? Thanks again for your input i don't usally get stumped like this but there always a first time. Thanks again if you can think of anything else let me know

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds