Help - Massive slowdowns around specific times, and no malware detected.

Discussion in 'Software' started by -dmjco, Jul 23, 2008.

1. -dmjco

-dmjco Private E-2

I've been having massive slowdowns for a couple of weeks now around 9:00 pm for me and it can last until 10 or 11 with a ping of over 1000ms to this site. im curious of what might be the problem. I had thought it was malware but i've run all of the malware removal and according to a Major Geek Malware Expert (TimW) there is no malware located. He suggested it may be having two antivirus programs. If anyone has any other suggestions i would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time :)

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

If you do have two anti-virus running then get rid of one of them. Same applies to firewalls, only one is needed. Since it's at specific times, call up your task manager and see what is running at the time.

3. -dmjco

-dmjco Private E-2

sorry this is a late reply but i've already done that. the task manager tells me that my computer is 98-99% idle..
    no other programs are running at the time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds