Help me get ISP and browser to connect

Discussion in 'Software' started by Icon, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Icon

Icon Private E-2

I had this problem before, but can't remember how I fixed it. I use a ATT air card, and I can get connected, but can't get the browser to see the connection.
    I think it was something in tools, or browser options that had to be checked or unchecked, but can't remember.
    I turned firewall off thinking that might have been it, but no go.
    I even downloaded a new browser to CD and installed that, but still no help.
    I have Orca and IE for browsers, I had Fire Fox too, and it did not work either.
    Any help??
    Thanks

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I don't personally use an air card from any company, let alone ATT, but they all work more-or-less the same. You have to use the card's own connection manager software to connect to the ATT network; many of these cards also include the ability to connect to your home wifi network. Either way, you have to launch the ATT software and you should be able to plainly see a "connect" button. You may have to use the "Tools" or "Options" menus in the ATT software to select either the ATT network (sometimes called "GSM") or a local wifi network. Once the card is connected, you should be able to launch FF or IE and start surfing without needing to configure them. IE might need to be configured to connect via a LAN if it has never been online before. Here's how: Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > Setup > Next > Next > select the 2nd circle; Next > select the 3rd circle; Next > Finish. This is for IE6 or 7 in WinXP. IE in Vista does not require this type of configuring.

Good luck!

If this doesn't help, maybe posting the exact model of the air card and the version of Windows you're using will help us help you.
    ;)

3. Icon

Icon Private E-2

Well, I have ATT and Watcher software, and ended up reinstalling ATT and it will connect with browser now.
    One of those glitches I guess....
    Thanks for the help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds