Help me i suck

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Drayid, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Drayid

Drayid Private E-2

HI so my screen on my acer 6930g was flickering only when i moved the laptop so i decided that it must be my screen cable.

Believeing that it would be no problem to relpace I began dismantling the laptop. I removed the ram, hard drive, keyboard and removed the screen. I reinstalled the new wire and placed it all back together. now all i get is a Black screen all the power turns on and the fan spins up. I switched harddrives believeing I had killed it and nothing happened also I connected a external monitorand pressed Fn + F5 to switch screens in case it was my crappy cable install.
    So I believe I have either killed my ram or the screen flicker was actually my graphics card was loose and moving and shaking it has finished it off.

anyone know if im right how to check or fix this thank you.

2. Drayid

Drayid Private E-2

Cool thanks ill be on that as soon as im home. if there is any other things to try just throw up a list and ill run throw it all 1 by 1.

As long as its correctable im not worried about replacing ram graphics and cpu. I was looking to upgrade all of them anyway.

3. Drayid

Drayid Private E-2

Ok so i checked all connections and reset the ram dosnt seem to make a difference same fault black screen. tryed extrenal monitor. Held down power Button to discharge the back up battery between each ram removal and replacment.

Does this mean its my graphics card? its a MXM card so i can replace it easly Just want to be Sure before i splash out on one?

4. Drayid

Drayid Private E-2

Nope havnt touched the MXM II card and cant test it as its a laptop card.

ill try that as a last resort. Its not the HDD as i tested it with a New 750g i had laying around.

No windows sound just all the general lighting and disc drive spins up.

Is there any chance i have killed the mother board or would nothing happen if i did?

5. Drayid

Drayid Private E-2

Thats what i was looking to hear Lol. ill just drop it in to the computer repair the guy said no fix no fee and he would let me know whats wrong so i can source the parts.

ill probably go

T9600 £80
    9600M GT 1gb £85
    1x 4GB DDR2 ram £55

plus £25 for install

thats if i aint buggered the mother board.

all i removed as the back to remove HDD, Ram and Wifi card. the keyboard and any cables on the top such as screen power wifi connector

Thanks for your help :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds