Help My Computer Hates Video Capture Devices

Discussion in 'Software' started by gipanizer, Jan 28, 2005.

1. gipanizer

gipanizer Private E-2

ok i have a big problem here. everytime i try to record with my quick cam no matter what prog i use wether the logitech prog or the sony vegas my computer reboots by itself and when it turns on it says windows has recoeverd from a serious error only when i record with the logitech though not when taking pictures.. and now when i put my dv camera in it recorded my tape to the computer fine but when it stopped the comptuer rebooted with the same error. and now even if i don havea cam hooked up all ihave to do is click viideo caputre in sony vegas to get my computer to reboot and give the same error. when when i cheded the error it said that the files
    C:\DOCUME~1\GIPAN~1.GIP\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER54e5.dir00\Mini012805-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\GIPAN~1.GIP\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER54e5.dir00\sysdata.xml
    were liek the ones causing it but i cant eve nsee them in the Temp direcotry. if clicked sho hidden fiels and microsoft extensions still no luck.
    i just built this computer liek 2 weeks ago and it has a n intel 915 gux board and pentium 4 3.4 ghz processor 512 dual channel pc 4200 ram.

please someone help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds