Help! My graphics are so poor I can't read this website

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gail, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Gail

Gail Private E-2

I just got my computer back from being fixed, it wouldn't log on at all before. It is an old Blaster PC by Empac. I don't have any money right now, my daughter hurt her back and I am paying for a lot of medical bills, so I traded a CD burner I bought but never opened in return for the computer to be worked on. I can now turn the computer on again, as evidenced by my being on this site. However, my graphics are so poor that I can only read about 10% of what is on any website, including this one. E-mails are clear, but nothing else. My dad gave me this computer and I asked for the reloading/rebooting disk and he looked at me as if I were speaking a foreign language. He says he doesn't have one. What do I need to do?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

If you know how to use themes try a different one.

3. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

You didn't say what was wrong, or what they fixed in your computer, but for some reason it sounds like your video card is set to probably 16 color, which is the lowest color resolution available. That would leave black & white text clear, but make most graphics totally illegible.

Right-click on the open desktop, choose Properties (Display Properties), choose Settings, and see what your graphics are set to. Change the setting to "True Color" or "32-bit" color, depending on what operating system you'r using, and see if that cures it.

If NOT, then give us some system specs, including what operating system you're using, and what exactly that shop was supposed to be doing, and we'll see if we can figure out what went wrong.

You might also want to call them back & ask THEM. They shouldn't have given it back to you in that condition.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds