HELP! My laptop will not access my own website

Discussion in 'Software' started by willjgreen, Aug 5, 2006.

1. willjgreen

willjgreen Private E-2

I need help.

I am currently in the hospital in bad shape in LA

I'm semi-tech, so very competent.

i have a dell inspiron 4100, win2000 pro with all sp's and updates current.

I am using a Sprint PC card merlin S620 i think is the number

running nORTON PERSONAL FIREWALL AND AV

MY PERSONAL WEBSITE IS ** removed URL as it is unecessary for resolving issue **

I cannot access my site with either mozilla or IE.

on Mozilla, i get done at the bottom and a blank page.

on IE "this page cannot be displayed"

my site is working fine, i can access it on other computers.

i have a second site ** same as above ** which forwards to eabundance.

the same problem has existed for that site for two months. however, the eabundance problem just started.

I called Sprint to see if they are neg caching it, no answer yet

the problem of no page for willjgreen.com also happened on my laptop using DSL at my office, and on my wireless card. That makes me suspect
    Windows.

I reset the dns negative cache values, and also turned off dns caching to no avail

if you are in the US please call me *** removed phone number ***, it's easier to work with the cell in my ear. I can call you back for free.

thanks

Will Green

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2006
  2. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

is this a kind of SPAMMING :?

am i correct :?

infoseeker

3. willjgreen

willjgreen Private E-2

Spamming?

wahat kind of heartless, idiot question is that? You failed to read it obviously. I have a serios problem and need for help.

You reply is proof of something about geeks, LOL

4. willjgreen

willjgreen Private E-2

+My laptop won't access my website, please help

Revised Sunday

I need help.

I am battling a pernicious illness, and my laptop is essential in the fight.

I'm semi-tech, so very competent.

i have a dell inspiron 4100, win2000 pro with all sp's and updates current.

I am using a Sprint PC card merlin S620 ..Also using a Linksys wireless g card, with Belkin router

running nORTON PERSONAL FIREWALL AND AV

MY PERSONAL WEBSITE IS ** removed URL, unecessary for solving issue **

I cannot access my sites with either mozilla or IE.

on Mozilla, i get done at the bottom and a blank page.

on IE "this page cannot be displayed"

my site is working fine, i can access it on other computers.

My second site ** same as above ** which forwards to eabundance.

the same problem has existed for that site for two months. however, the eabundance problem just started.

I called Sprint to see if they are neg caching it, the problem is NOT with
    Sprint

The problem exists now on my wireless router-DSL, at home. Just got home from the hospital and can do much more troubleshooting.

Next step is to uninstall Norton Firewall later tonite.

I reset the dns negative cache values, and also turned off dns caching to no avail

thanks

Will Green

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2006
  5. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Re: +My laptop won't access my website, please help

Please do not start a second thread with the same issue, you already have a thread open in the same forum from only 10 minutes ago.

You reacted quite strongly when someone suggested your other thread might be spam, this kind of activity will only strengthen that opinion.

Also please (for your safety) refrain from including your phone number in your posts, rather ask for a pm and then if you still wish to give someone your phone number do it in a PM.

6. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

Re: +My laptop won't access my website, please help

HI!
    You may have 'cooked your own goose' here.
    Proof of WHAT?:confused:

7. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Mr. Green? Post such as yours are often made here by people who's sole purpose is to spam our forums with garbage using MajorGeeks traffic to generate traffic to their own website. Some of the 'stories' that are posted are quite imaginative and sadly, so frequent that posts such as yours are viewed with suspicion because it is something we see pretty much on a daily basis here.

MG's prides itself on quality tech support. In order so that you may receive assistance I have edited yours posts to remove the URL thus removing suspicion that you are trying to use MG to generate traffic to your site. The URL is not necessary in order to resolve your issue so this should not be a problem for you? For your own safety, and as it is also MG's policy to not have members post their phone number's publicly I have also removed your phone number.

Now, back to the subject at hand. It sounds to me like it may be your own security application(s) that may be preventing you from accessing your own site. To be honest, sites such as yours (yes I looked:)) are sites that are commonly blocked as 'suspicious' sites ie: utilized for harvesting information for spamming purposes, pyramid scams, identity theft, etc. I am not saying this is what your sites purpose is but there may be key words or phrases on the site that are triggering something in your security programs.

Also, have you checked your browser settings to see if your websites have been added to your restricted sites?

[EDIT] If you plan to uninstall Norton I suggest you use the Norton Removal Tool to be sure everything is removed. [/EDIT]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds