Help - my screen acts weird

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bucsdk, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Bucsdk

Bucsdk Private E-2

Ever since I got a smart phone, my computer seems to go from full screen to mobile in several different programs, websites, etc. Not sure if this is the same issue. I am attaching the 2 different screen prints. When I have a game running, the screen looks normal but the minute I move my mouse to start the game, the screen shrinks and goes to black & white. I have tried the compatibility mode. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?

When these effects happen is the smartphone plugged in? and also what smartphone model do you have?

3. Bucsdk

Bucsdk Private E-2

Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2
    Laptop: HP Pavilion dv9700 Notebook w/ AMD Turion 64 - 32 bit op system
    The phone is not connected when this happens and it is a Samsung Droid Charge. It actually started when I plugged in the first smartphone (Motorola Droid) and hasn't stopped. It's as if plugging in the phone changed a setting to view and I don't know how to get it back. It happens when I try to play movies, play games, etc.

Thanks for your help - let me know if you need any other information.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you have any software that the phone installed then uninstall it reboot and see if your games play ok, just trying to see if the phone software is causing this issue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds