Help Needed Choosing A Portable Device For Study Purposes.

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by jannie3, Jun 20, 2016.

1. jannie3

jannie3 Private First Class

Hi. I'm interested in buying an Ipod Nano or some type of mobile device? but I want it primarily for studying not for music. Whatever I buy needs to be without a camera as this is not allowed in my place of employment. I don't want to spend a lot as its only for work use but I haven't a clue what would be suitable and how I would get learning content on to it? Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum but couldn't see an exact one which would fit my query. Thanks

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. jannie3

Hi Max Turner thanks for the reply. I forgot a vital piece of information! My workplace also only permits listening through earphones on a device to music or for educational purposes so a tablet wont be suitable. I was wondering whether an ipod shuffle would be ok and if so how we get learning material to listen to? I've just bought a Galaxy Tab s.2 but use of that is not permitted as it has a camera. Apologies and thanks again if you can advise.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I doubt anything will meet those requirements.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I have several mp3 players. Not only can you download music in mp3 format, but you can load audiobooks. (I tend to avoid iPods because they are very expensive for what you get.) You might want to check out the site, anything but ipod.
    http://compare.anythingbutipod.com/
    You will see devices listed.
    I own two SanDisk Clip+ and an Office Max/Depot store brand Ativa player.
    The SanDisk players are nice because they have a micro sd slot so you can load different audiobooks on there and still have music on the internal drive.

What is the extension on the study material?

6. jannie3

Hi plodr. I will certainly look at your suggestions - thanks. Unfortunately, I don't know what the extension of the study material is as I haven't looked into choosing a course yet. I was thinking along the lines of O.U. study material ?

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds