Help Needed Urgent

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wild, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Wild

Wild Private First Class

Hi all,i have been locked out of my computor! Starts up then as far as loading screen pic and tool bar icons then freezes? he only thing i acsessed last night was windows update and downloaded 2 security update files. In fact i never asked for them the Windows updater just appeared on screen whilst i was on one of my regular forums.Since then i have been unable to access my best friend!! :confused:
    At this time im in the local library using thier computors. Will check back soon Thanks peeps.
    Wild.

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

i'd try booting in safe mode, and while your going there, it'll ask you if you want to restore to an earlier time. see if you can restore your system to a time before you did the update. - sos

3. Wild

Wild Private First Class

All Sorted! Being to unable to get into safe mode as well. Discovered that theres a Windows key on keyboard,between the Ctrl and Alt. This put me into safe mode then able to get sorted. This may help others, in safe mode you need to get to msconfig or startup files.I found that my startup and registry has been taken over by Hewlett Packard ,having recently purchased a scanner printer from them.and once deleting all thier crap was able to return to normal!
    Surprising what gets dumped in your registry nowdays!
    Cheers, Wild.

4. robdude

robdude Private E-2

by an epson next time big nuts
    then take the 10,000k
    and live a normal life
    i did
    and do
    no shiftwork :D
    no late night fridays :D
    no norman :eek:
    no rawlson :eek:
    no colin (no life) :eek:
    no brown nosers :eek:
    no i.b.c :D
    ahh!?. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds