Help Needed With Link.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Eldon, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

I recently posted the following link in a thread in the Software forum.
    http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/

Two members replied that the link takes them to Avangate - whether they click, or copy & paste it.
    Another member and I get taken to Paragon - which is correct.

What could the possible reason for this be?

FYI The link is safe.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I didn't have an issue until I shut off my adblockers and was redirected to Avangate via that link.

No idea why or what it is. It may be an ad on Major Geeks...or maybe one that Paragon uses.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I got taken to Avangate.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

5. LauraR

6. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I go to Avangate whether AdBlock Plus is on or off.

7. LauraR

I use Disconnect as well, so that is most likely the one that is blocking the redirect to Avangate. Either way, the link redirects and it's definitely on Paragon's end (or Avangate).

I wouldn't use the link for anyone. If you do a search for Paragon Software and click on their site, it goes through fine without the redirect.

8. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks to all. :)
    I turned off all Tracking Protection Lists (TPLs) and got taken to Avangate.

I'll check the main page for Paragon's Free software and see what happens. Hopefully it's a workaround.

Edit:
    http://www.paragon-software.com/free/ also takes me to Avangate when the TPLs are disabled.
    I'll have to decide between no longer recommending Paragon's free software or emailing them for a possible solution.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds