Help!-Outlook 2003 has disappeared!

Discussion in 'Software' started by ckram, Nov 22, 2006.

1. ckram

ckram Private E-2

We are running an application on an SQL database on a small network -server has windows 2000.The computer has been overheating and SQL looks to be the culprit from looking at Task manager .The SQL slammer worm has been excluded as has other viruses via on line scanners as well as eztrust antivirus software ..If that wasn't bad enough microsoft office outlook 2003 disppeared yesterday .The whole program -any ideas anyone ?

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

So, when ye click START, then RUN, then type in:
    outlook (press enter). Nothing show up?

3. ckram

ckram Private E-2

Whoops it was outlook express that disappeared -got confused with another PC .We lost the outlook express taskbar icon and the shortcut to the internet connection .Outlook express is still on the computer but I can't open it.I can work around that problem by installing the straight outlook prgram from office which looks more straightforward then reinstalling /repairing outlook express so that part is relatively OK .But the CPU overheating worries me greatly .It is particularly bad when we have a publisher/word document open after printing .It got up to 88C this morning before I noticed it ,closed the publisher document window and then the temp just came down gradually to its baseline of about 75C .Every 10-15 secs I notice a ltttle jump inactivity in onmis(the application is written in this but uses an SQL database)and SQL that I think keeps the temp up and anything else over the op of this activity really pushes it up.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Clean out the computer ....fans, etc ....temp problems can cause a myriad of problems ....so get the temperatures down and then see whats up ...outlook express is easy to repair....:)

5. ckram

ckram Private E-2

The computer has already been cleaned with compressed air-temp is due to some sort of software issue I feel. Running Win 2000 pro SP4,SQL 2000 SPI and Office xp small business 2003.Pentium 4 CPU fan runs at about 2500 rpm amd motherboard fan 2200 rpm.Voltages are OK

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds