help overclocking p4 prescott

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by viper_boy403, Jan 13, 2006.

1. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

For sum reason unbeknownst to me, i cant seem to oc my processor. Actually, i do have an idea: this is a pre built sony vaio and im guessing that they put sum stupid thing in there to prevent it. Does anyone have some ideas? I have tried several programs and only succeded in lowering my clock speeds :confused: yes, wierd i know. I know that you can do it in the BIOS but when it boots there is no screen which shows what to press to get into the bios. another safeguard im guessing? Ideas plz.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Sony's generally have F2 or F3 to enter the bios at boot, once your PC starts to post, tap either of those keys until the you enter the bios.

proprietry systems generally have no OC adjustments in the bios as a safeguard, so you may well be out of luck.

3. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

yeah, it was f2. unfortunately, there is no way to change the voltage or multipliers :( Any sugegstions?

4. SLI

SLI Private E-2

same problem with my CPU

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds