help...packet miniport driver..can't find my LAN connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brazstar, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Brazstar

Brazstar Private E-2

My desktop won't connect online...I have added my wireless router my laptop works fine, but the desktop seems to loose the local area net conection. I went to the device manager and see an exclation mark..tried to reinstall but it wont allow me to do so because it can't find on the hardrive.
    What do i do?? i have been troubleshouting this machine since 5 pm...ran out of resources...please HELP!:(

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

is the desktop plugged in and getting an IP from your router? that exclaimation point could just mean that your NIC has limited or no connection possibly caused by not getting a valid IP. check that you have a valid IP and ping your router to make sure you have the connection.

go into tools, internet options, connection tab, lan settings and make sure you have the autodetect check box checked.

go into your NIC to make sure youre telling it to aquire an address automaticly.

if you were messing with the hardware, make sure eveything is connected properly. it sucks when youre looking around at your settings all day only to find you have a hardware problem that youve overlooked.

just a few ideas. try them out if you didnt already. post back if youre still having problems.

3. Brazstar

Brazstar Private E-2

I checked on the LAN tab already, all the cables are conected properly, as a matter of fact im typing from the laptop connected to the same network. It seems that network adapter driver got corrupted...is there a place where i can download it from. I see that microsoft os the factory,OMG been all over the site and can't find. any other suggestions?

tk u, :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds