HELP!!! Photo editing software

Discussion in 'Software' started by nicomi, Jul 29, 2009.

1. nicomi

nicomi Private E-2

I hope there is someone out there that can help me find the right software. I want to make my own birth announcments and want to be able to type on the pictures. Does anyone have any suggestions???????:confused

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi :)

Can you be more specific? If you just have a photo file and want to add text to it, you can actually just go on photobucket.com, which is a free image hosting website. This would work if you are going to send them to people in email.

If you are looking to have pictures developed and sent out, you can use a site like snapfish.com which offers to do it all for you and sends them out to you: http://www1.snapfish.com/storecards2

There are many photo editing programs for use on your computer. I use Paintshop Pro and it's fine for basic things. (my goal is photoshop, but at $600, that's a bit away for me LOL)

Anyway, if you are more specific in what you want to do, you could get some more specific advice.

Here is a list of software offered here at MG's for download (some freeware, some shareware): http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?id=37&sort=7

3. nicomi

nicomi Private E-2

Sorry, I would like to be able to print text to the photo then print them out myself. I would love to have photoshop but like you I'll have to wait. I'm looking for something free. That's all I'm able to afford.... right now. lol. Thanks for the suggestions you did give me, I'll take a look. :)

4. LauraR

Did your computer come with any basic photo editing app? Microsoft paint maybe? Any basic one has the ability to put text onto a photo. If not, you should check out photobucket.com. You can upload your photo onto your account you create and they have a bunch of editing options available including text. :)

5. nicomi

nicomi Private E-2

I looked for something like the Microsoft program. Unfortunately I don't have any like that. I'll take a look at photobucket.com. Thanks.

6. LauraR

Let me know how you make out. :)

Edited to add: If you go into Programs > Accessories, that is where 'Paint' is located if you have it. I checked it out and it does have the ability to add text.

7. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds