Help Please - Windows Media Player Wont Play Movie

Discussion in 'Software' started by Toby78, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Toby78

Toby78 Private E-2

Hi Folks. For starters Im just learning and dont have much computer knowledge. A co-worker explained to me how to download movies. I was able to figure that out but my windows media player wont play the video part of the file, it only plays the sound portion. Does anyone know how I can correct this?? Thanks very much.

2. pistol

pistol Private First Class

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

You could use Gom player alongside WMP, less than 6Mb download and plays the vast majority of movies with the built-in codecs - it can even play play video files that are being downloaded from the Internet or that are broken during the downloading process.

Be very careful if a file or web page tells you you need to install a codec - many of these will contain trojans and or viruses :(

EDIT: Welcome to Majorgeeks ;)

4. Toby78

Toby78 Private E-2

THANKS VERY MUCH!! The download you provided fixed the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds