Help please , x850xt graphic card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ellis902, Apr 22, 2007.

1. ellis902

ellis902 Private First Class

Ok , where do I start. I had a geforce 6200 but decided to upgrade to a x850xt , so I purchased one on ebay from a shop. I noticed that it only came with the card. When it arrived I thought I would only have to download new drivers and insert new graphic card. I was wrong.
    I downloaded the drivers , inserted the x850xt into place. Then I noticed that my flatscreen monitor wasnt DVI , so i had to purchase one of them. I thought it would work. I was wrong again.
    I inserted the card into place and connected the DVI connector to my monitor , then turned my pc on and it said please connect power cable.
    I did a little research and found out x850xt's need a power cable to connect to your power supply or something. Does anyone know where to get these from at a cheap price , has anyone else had problems with x850xt's. Thanks
    Can someone tell me how to connect the powercable when I get one....
    Thank you.

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

there should have been a splitter cable or maybe your PSU just has an extra one hanging around (literally lol) it is a 4-pin molex plug thats about an inch wide. there is a plug on the back end or the side of the card that you plug it into. if you look at it again im sure you'll see it

3. uberuberuber

uberuberuber Private First Class

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I'm not fully familiar with your exact card, but other ATI cards require power also; it's usually a connector exactly like a floppy drive power connector (yours may be different: it might be like a CDROM power connector or even the 6pin connector that some PCIX cards have). Regardless of connector, you should be able to get one at any PC store for under $8.00 (probably half that).

hd2k

5. ellis902

6. uberuberuber

uberuberuber Private First Class

7. ellis902

So do I have to buy the plug you mentioned in your post , and the plug mentioned in my post or just one of them?

And where do I plug them both , I know where to plug it into the x850xt. But where abouts on the power supply?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds