HELP!! Post beeps and display on startup.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ralstain, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Ralstain

Ralstain Private E-2

:confused: My rig has been doing this for a while now. I have to constantly reset my computer till it works correctly. When I turn on my pc I get a bunch of very fast beeps and hear my computer start up normally but I do not get a display. I have tried all sorts of things to correct this: Changed around BIOS settings switched video cards and had my MB benched for integrity check. Still the problem persists. It normally takes me three or four resets during post to finally get the pc to show a display while booting. I cannot put a finger on this. This only happens when I completely shut down the pc never on restart. The motherborad manuals and website do not have good information for this series of beeps. Anyone have any insight please?

AMD xp 2600+ 333fsb
    Soyo Dragon Ultra KT400+ MB
    1 gig Hyperx Kingston DDR Ram 444mhz oc
    BFG 6800GT OC 256mb NVIDIA GPU
    2x WD Ultra ATA 80gig HDs

2. Den

Den Private First Class

3. Ralstain

Ralstain Private E-2

OK I took a look at the site. Awesome info thanks a bunch. It looks like its an error in the Video (EGA) Display Circuitry. Is this MB, Bios, or my graphics card? I havent the slightest. I appreciate the help

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I see you have a bfg6800gt very power hungry,I would try putting the card on its own seperate rail on the psu i.e a line with no cdroms,hd's,fans it might be your psu doesnt have the ooph to kick things off can you post the name of your psu or how many amps it has on the 12v rail/rails. :confused:Also could be dud mobo battery do all your bios settings stick once you have set them?

5. Ralstain

Ralstain Private E-2

Yea the power supply is my next step. I actually just ordered a 500 watter from Tigerdirect. The one I had was a bit short on the output on some rails. Ill single one out for it. Also my battery is good, bios settings do stick. Thanks for the input. Your the third person ive talked to about it possibly being powersupply. It might be just that. I wish I had started there. Peace

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds