HELP! problem with audigy 2 zs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vash2051, Jun 28, 2005.

1. vash2051

vash2051 Private E-2

hey i cannot install this card ive tried almost everything i can think of other than formatting i have my onboard audio disabled and whenever i install the card wit hthe cd it finishes fine but system still says driver not installed. when i got to install the driver thru windows it gets to copying a ksuser.dll and then says the data is invalid and it quits. onboard works fine but this card was working fine 4 hours ago the ni tried to install creative media source and it puked out. thx for the help if anyone can.

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

go to soundblaster.com and do the auto update from the website, should update your drivers from there.

3. vash2051

vash2051 Private E-2

already tried the problem is Windows what a surprise it tries to update the driver but when it tries to copy ksuser.dll it stops and says The data is invalid.
    idk what the heck to do but tis really pissing me off.:mad:

4. stuuupid

stuuupid Private E-2

Having exactly the same problem. Is there a solution?

I tried:

Setting Full Control privledges on the Enum\PCI registry key.
    Deleting all the OEM*.inf files from \inf folder.

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to Majorgeeks.com :)

Please start a new thread with your own issue, even if it is the same. This keeps it much easier for the original poster to follow the advice, plus your computer specs etc may make the solution different even if the problem is the same.

Also this is a 4 year old thread ;)

Thanks.

6. stuuupid

stuuupid Private E-2

Hi Lev,

Sorry. ALL my equipment is at least 4 years old. :-o

In regards to "Different Hardware"; this is a software problem with XP and not a hardware issue, from all the threads and solutions I've read.

7. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Doesn't matter - no hijacking another person's thread

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/announcement.php?f=41

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds