Help! Read bad Stuttering and Audio glitching

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pacifico23, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Pacifico23

Pacifico23 Private E-2

This is driving me crazy! I cant figure this out at all. Please help! I am getting a real bad stutter and audio glitch on my computer like 5-10 minutes into gaming. Started literally a year ago, but was very minimal now it happens within 5 min like every time. It gets worse and worse, even when I close the game or even netflix (can happen there too) the problem will persist. I have tried testing my card with EVGA Precision X, and Furmark and my Graphics card said is running ok. I checked my CPU temps at the peak of this gltitchingt and it is only 51c, and my panel on the side of my comp is even open. I dont think over heating is an issue. Furthermore I did the Prime95 mem test check and says everything passed. I also wiped my hard drive and got an SSD, set that all up yesterday (thinking may be a hard drive issue, I had 980tb of 1k tb filled). Also completed re installed windows 7. And the problem is still there. I have no idea what this could be. Could it be a bad stick of ram despite my Prime95 test?? The Motherboard? (which I cant see) Do you guys know what can be causing this?? I checked my video drivers when I rebooted everything is updated as far as I can tell. Im also direct connectec via ethernet to internet. I can only think of it being the ram or the motherboard at this point. I will try to find a youtube video of what Im describing. Thanks for the help!

Sidenote: I had a GTX570 previously, and the glitching would happen then. I had a 450w psu at the time. I was thinking it may have been under powered so I have a replaced with a 750 psu. Even with the new PSU and new graphics catd the problem is there also. Do any of you know what this can be??

i72600
    8g ram
    gtx770
    128gb ssd
    1tb hard drive
    750 psu

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Pacifico23

Pacifico23 Private E-2

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

You have the perfect hardware to not have this issue, so I now think this is software based and if you reboot into Safe Mode (F8 at boot and choose Safe Mode with Networking) do you get the same issue?

What security software do you have installed and what startups do you have?
    To give us an idea of startups this below will help.

Also in Device Manager do you have any yellow ! marks by any device?
    What make and model is your motherboard?

I would likely try the following and install from your motherboard maker (DO NOT use any driver updater app) and install the chipset driver and reboot and then the audio driver and reboot and check.

4. Pacifico23

Pacifico23 Private E-2

On startup i have SuperAntiSpyware, MSE, and Nvidia Geforce exp.

The motherboard I had trouble finding. The computer is a gateway fx-6850-51, that I've upgraded past couple years. On the website it indicated the motherboard being a Motherboard
    Chipset
    Intel H67

I was under the impression you cant do games in safe mode. I can try like loading diablo in safe mode and see what happens.

I also installed the chipster drive via the gateway spec site, since I couldnt find the motherboard http://support.gateway.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=3487

I forgot to do the audio driver and will update that too. Ill restart and see how its working. Also here is a post of the log from cccleaner when I rebooted.

Attached Files:

5. Pacifico23

Pacifico23 Private E-2

I just tried running a game again, and yeah the problem is still there. :confused

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

You have no yellow ! marks in Device Manager?

Using Ccleaner and the Startup tab delete all bar
    HKLM:Run MSC Microsoft Corporation "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey

None of the others are really drastically needed, sadly they should not impact on game play really, but worth ruling out. Is SuperAntiSpyware the paid version or free?

Does this audio issue happen with all games or just the sample one and is the sample one installed off CD/DVD or download and if download where was the download WWW, just thinking of version issues. So is the game fully up to date?

If you play an MP3 do you gain the same audio stuttering?

7. Pacifico23

Pacifico23 Private E-2

Nope no yello marks in Windows Updates. I stopped MSE, but Im positive that isnt the issue. since reboot it starts automatically but before reboot, I had it and didnt have it run on Startup.

The game posted isnt a video of mine. Its just the best example of it. It happens the most in games that have lots of stuff happening at once onscreen(Diablo3, Starcaft 2). I havent installed a game via disk in a few years. All my games are via Steam and Battle.net.

Yes I do. I run 2-3 monitors at once. I will either have twitch.tv, netflix, hbogo or grooveshark on as I play on second monitor.

My 3rd monitor is a 52"V Vizio smart tv. Not sure if that makes a diff

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds