help recovering a replaced notepad document

Discussion in 'Software' started by freeasabird, Oct 24, 2009.

1. freeasabird

freeasabird Private E-2

duh, thats me. I admit to being a total dumbars when it comes to the computer. I somehow replaced a very important notepad document with a blank new white unwritten one. The document that was important to me, which i should have immediately printed , but didn't, what a jackars I am, was a short story I had written for a college class. I tried to retrieve it, but looks like it is gone. I know that the computer is supposed to store information somewheres indefinately. Do you intellegent computer wiz's know how I may retrieve the original document that I replaced with the white page? :cry Please help me.....

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Click start if using Vista or open run if XP type in .txt and up pops all your txt documents it maybe that when it went missing it got sent to your .txt documents ! ;)

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

4. freeasabird

freeasabird Private E-2

Thanks to all of you for your help. Unfortunately I was not able to find the document. There is a possibility that I never saved it, it was late and I was doing silly things. Appreciate the time you put in giving me a helping hand.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds