Help recovering document!

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigfurrykid, Apr 13, 2005.

1. bigfurrykid

bigfurrykid Sergeant

Hello, long time no visit! My daughter was in the middle of a college paper and the power went out.
    We have Windows XP and are using Microsoft Works word processor.
    Needless to say, she didn't have a chance to save the new changes to the document.
    Is there any way to recover it, or is it completely lost?

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Has she opened the Microsoft Works word processor since it happened?

Steve

3. bigfurrykid

bigfurrykid Sergeant

Yes and the original document is still there, but the changes were not saved!
    Thanks for the response!

4. st.cronin

st.cronin Private E-2

Is there an answer to this question?

I know it's an old thread but I have a similiar issue... my laptop froze up 1/2 hour after my last save on a microsoft works word processor document ... if there is any way to recover the file, it would save me a lot of work.

Thanks in advance!

5. Aurelius

Aurelius Private First Class

Word creates a temporary file for the document you are currently working with. Sometimes this *.tmp file remains in one of the temporary folders (e.g. Windows\Temp) or in the folder where you save your documents.
    Try searching for *.tmp files on the specified date.
    Good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds