help removing super antispyware

Discussion in 'Software' started by ka tee, May 27, 2011.

1. ka tee

ka tee Private E-2

I had a problem with virus. did all the malware removal/cleaning.
    TimW helped me clean that up yesterday. I decided to go with Comodo instead of Super antispyware. Installed Comodo. Now I can not Uninstall the super anti spyware. When i try to uninstall I get an Error reading uninstall data. I thought I had uninstalled it yesterday. But when I turned the computer on this morning it popped up again.

Thanks again for all the help.
    Again I do not know much about computers, so bear with me.

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi ka tee,
    I use Revo Uninstaller to get rid off hard to delete programs/files....

http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html

it is easy to use with a friendly user interface and best of all it's free !!!;). Any problems using this just post back and I will try to run through it with you.

iain.t :major

3. dave.m

dave.m Private First Class

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Make sure before you try and remove SAS, you open Task Manager and end any running processes that belong to SAS. Things don't uninstall cleanly when a process or two belonging to the program is running.
    You can also attempt to uninstall in safe mode.

5. ka tee

ka tee Private E-2

thanks to everyone.

Again!!!!!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds