HELP! RUNDLL error message on Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by rlmlost, May 30, 2008.

1. rlmlost

rlmlost Private E-2

I'm totally new to this and completely desperate to even be posting on this site. I'm not very computer literate.

So, I've had my notebook for about a year and for the past 2 days, my internet explorer had been sluggish and not responding...just kind of frozen. When I'm on AOL, I can surf the net just fine and quickly.

Just today, when booted the computer, I received an error message:

RUNDLL:
    Error Loading
    C:\Users\Montague\AppData\Local\Temp\lsaqiucx.dll

The specified module could not be found

I restarted my computer about 10 times and the same error, plus my internet explorer is still extremely slooooow. HELP!!!! What is it, what's going on? How do I fix it???

THANKS in advance =)

2. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

3. rlmlost

rlmlost Private E-2

Hi, I've been working on these steps "Read and Run" and I'm on the part where I run MGtools.exe and I downloaded it and it was running and I got this error message and I'm not sure which of the two options I'm suppose to do and I couldn't see anything about it or what the procedure is on the instructions:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x5c0 (1472), Thread id=0xdd4 (3540)

Click OK to terminate the application.
    Click CANCEL to debug the application.

What's the right choice???

Thanks

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you follow the guide steps for running MGTools in Vista as its not a case of just running the tool? Need to follow the steps as UAC needs turning off http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137630 if following the Vista steps do not work for MGTools, then please do start a new thread in the Malware forum stating your having this issue running MGTools and also post the error message for Chaslang to see as he created this application.

Also MGTools is not Vista x64 compatible as yet.

5. rlmlost

rlmlost Private E-2

Ok, I am following the Vista instructions and so I'm going to post in Malaware forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds