Help SCSI ID? cant find it ?! Command prompt?!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shadowskater, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Shadowskater

Shadowskater Private E-2

Hey all well this is what im confronted with:

[[" Step.1 - Get your SCSI ID
    From a DOS prompt, in your selfboot directory, type the following command.

cdrecord -scanbus

Cdrecord will give you a list of all attached devices that it can identify. Locate your CD-Burner on this list. Write down the 3 numbers it gives you. "]]

And well... i dont ave a command prompt from my selfboot dicectitory, i dont have a C:\Selfboot at all, and i need to find that and my all my command prompts are C:\docmuments and settings\*my user name*\ the cdrecord -scanbus dosnt work there does anybody know another way to find this plz help plz plz, THX so much in advance!!

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Type "CD \" to get to the root directory (C:\). Then type "CD Selfboot" to change to the Selfboot directory.

Alternately, you can type "CD \Selfboot" from anywhere on the C: drive to go directly to c:\selfboot.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds