Help -software Uninstalling Itself => Ytd Youtube Downloader

Discussion in 'Software' started by THE Bimbo, May 6, 2016.

1. THE Bimbo

THE Bimbo Private E-2

YTD Youtube Downloader apparently is uninstalling itself,
    I install it, stays on the system around two weeks, then vanishes (always during a reboot).

It is not my AV killing it, whatever it is removes all the files and folders. and it is gone from add/remove programs.

My Av (Avira) finds nothing on my system, other than the usual artefacts left behind in the browser cache when browsing the internet.
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

3. THE Bimbo

THE Bimbo Private E-2

YTD installs into C:/Program Files (x86)/GreenTree Applications/YTD Video Downloader/..

when it vanishes so does the entire Green Tree folder structure, it is not even in the recycle bin, all that ever remains is any shortcut I make to the executable.

4. THE Bimbo

THE Bimbo Private E-2

interestingly, after reinstalling the software win7 cannot show the icon in the shortcut, nor can it find the executable to extract an icon - even though the path for the replacement installation is exactly the same as the original installation!!
    (it can RUN the replacement installation, but it cannot "find" it!)

5. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds