help to open office 2003

Discussion in 'Software' started by terrytheturk, Aug 8, 2004.

1. terrytheturk

terrytheturk Private E-2

Hi Guys
    Hope you are all well,
    First i must say that i down loaded this office 2003 a few mths ago from suprenova i think which took some time but i got it five discs worth, i then had to download DAEMON thing to make a generic drive is it? and office was working fine. My friend back in england done all the work and setting up for me via the V2 remote assitance thing.
    My HD died last week and i had to buy a new one and i have loaded most of the progames and lost a lot as well.

yhe thing is i cant get the office to run or load it in the generic drive, so i downloaded this ISO Buster which i thought would help and it changed four of the discs to ISO and left one as rar (which is somthing i should download again)

So anyone got any ideas for me please
    Regards
    Terry
    windows xp home

2. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

Yes Download and Use OpenOffice.org if you do not want to pay for MS Office.

3. terrytheturk

terrytheturk Private E-2

thank you wookie, i will try that. (if thats free)
    i do buy a lot of programs but when i go to the mainland or back to england, somethings are just harder to get here, and in english.

Terry

4. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

Yes its free. It is a great office software. It is backward compatible with Most MS office files and can save in the same formats. It includes everything MS office does I believe. Definately check it out

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3461

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2004
  5. terrytheturk

terrytheturk Private E-2

So i downloaded that and installed it and i have it on my start menu, but i still dont have all the progarms running from my 5 discs, the one i need is the word publication thing. i tryed to use this one i down loaded and all i get is a donk noise with the red circle and white cross saying this file can't be loaded, i am not doing somthing that i should be doing,

Regards
    terry
    PS what was Kodo's edit

6. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

He changed the download site.

What Operating system are you running? Did you install everything?

7. terrytheturk

terrytheturk Private E-2

I installed the lot after extracting everything from the zip and hit setup and its on my start menu and in the tray as openoffice.org1.1.2 and has 7 sub bits with drawing, from template, HTML doc, Open doc, Presentation, Spread sheeet, & Texct doc,
    I have windows xp home edition version 2002 with sp1
    AMD Duron Processor
    945MHz
    240 Ram
    hope that is what you wanted.

Regards
    Terry

8. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

9. terrytheturk

terrytheturk Private E-2

So I went, I saw, I used.

It seems that this openoffice is its own programe (OOo) what i was looking for was to try and use the 5 discs i have of microsoft office 2003pro which i know how to use (well when i good open them before that is) and enjoy useing and has tons more stuff than this OOo.

I thought OOo was a program to open the discs like DAEMON (before i managed to change them to ISO. So i moved one of the discs to the OOo word it it tryed to open it for hours. oops.

Terry

10. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

sorry for the mistake, openoffice is a suite like M$ office. Its very similar and powerful. I wanted to offer you something legal. I don't care if you illegally use software but im not gonna help you do it sorry.

Do give openoffice a chance tho it will open ms office documents and save in the same format.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds