Help - Unmountable Boot Volume

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mep8888, Aug 22, 2005.

1. mep8888

mep8888 Private E-2

I have a 3Ghz Dell Dimension 4700, 512 mb ram, and an 80gb HD. It is about 9 months old.

I was trying to install an extension on Firefox and the computer froze up, so I had to reboot. When I did, I got this message when booting the computer. I cant boot in safe mode either. I did a search and found this but I still have a problem. When I boot the comp via my XP CD, I run chkdsk /r, but it stalls halfway through. It reaches 50% and it just hangs and never gets any further. I also looked on the Microsoft website and they said to also run fixboot if chkdsk doesnt work. I restarted the computer, ran fixboot instead, and tried to reboot but I get the same error message. Any and all help is appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds