Help - Updating Seagate Dashboard - Password Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 20Valve, Apr 15, 2012.

1. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Greetings geeks -

I have been trying to update Seagate dashboard for the longest time. After I download the prompted upgrade package and run, I am informed I need to do update within the administrator account. So . . .

The field for the update already includes "Administrator." In the password field I enter my computer logon password. That does not work. I then try to type in the PC name with my password, no go. I also tried entering "administrator" in the password field. I even tried the Seagate user and password info. No luck.

Any suggestions? Any suggestions? This is very frustrating.

Thanks for any help.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

The administrator account is disabled by default in Vista. Try leaving the password field blank and see if that works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds