Help urgently needed tracking an IP location

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goldcountryrose, Apr 29, 2006.

1. goldcountryrose

goldcountryrose Private E-2

I got as far as learning it is an SBC owned site or computer or whatever you call it. How do I get the physical location? I'll be happy to post the whole thing if you think it would help. Thanks

2. goldcountryrose

3. goldcountryrose

Can anyone tell me anymore about this IP addy?

Record Type: IP Address

Internap Network Services PNAP-SEA-BLOCK4 (NET-64-74-0-0-1)
    64.74.0.0 - 64.74.255.255
    ACS Buisness Systems, Inc. PNAP-DEN-ACSONL-RM-01 (NET-64-74-180-0-1)
    64.74.180.0 - 64.74.183.255

4. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

If it is on SBC or any other public ISP), you would need a court subpoena, and SBC would give you the Address.

:)

5. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Yep. Beyond knowing who has registered for the IP block at ARIN, the information such as which system was using it and so forth is private information. You can contact SBC and ask or report the IP as causing an attack or whatever, or file court documents to forcibly obtain the information.

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

If they're the cause of an attack then you might want to email the abuse@ address. But this might not help.

Bear in mind that most modern attacks will be bounced through a compromised system first - if this was an attack then that IP would probably be a previous victim's computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds