Help w/ MS Word & Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Software' started by lil_bru, Jul 17, 2007.

1. lil_bru

lil_bru Private E-2

My company uses MS Office 2003 Standard Edition. Sometimes when I insert an object such as an Excel spreadsheet or a scanned document, I also get a (border?) line underneath the object, but I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I've tried the various formatting tools for borders, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Also, when replying to or forwarding emails in Outlook, my company's name is inserted like this [My Company, Inc.] whenever I try to edit the original text. If I can stop this, please tell me how.

Thanks for your help!!

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

The second item with the company signature: In Outlook go to Tools> Options> Mail Format and look down to the section called Signature. Check the box where it says "Don't use when replying or forwarding".

The first problem...can you post a screenshot?

3. lil_bru

lil_bru Private E-2

Lev,

Thanks for the tip on the signature problem. As for the screenshot, I've never done one before. Though I read the post by Major Attitude on how to take one, it doesn't say what to do with it after the image is pasted into the paint program. I created a couple of samples, both in .doc format, that I can send you as an attachment if that'll work for you. One shows an image that I scanned and inserted and the other shows an inserted Excel spreadsheet.

If you'd rather have the screenshot, please just tell me how to do it or point me to some better instructions. Thanks again.

4. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

To do a screen shot, press print screen (on what you want to copy) then go into paint and press contol V (or select paste from the edit menu) and then go to save as (save it somewhere you can find it later!), save it as a .jpg (easier to edit if need be) and voila... you have your self a purty screen shot :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds