Help w/taskbar clock and start menu?

Discussion in 'Software' started by EqualCapitalD, Dec 29, 2006.

1. EqualCapitalD

EqualCapitalD Private E-2

I was cleaning out my PC, using the programs on <a href="http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3579068/Malware_Cleaning_Disc___v._6__(December_18__2006)">Malware Cleaning Disc v. 6</a> (basically a big collection of free/open-source/shareware anti-malware programs, check it out sometime!) and I accidentally told my taskbar clock to show 24-hr time and yy-mm-dd date ("15:00" and "06-07-04" instead of "3:00 PM" and "July 4, 2006").

Also the little pop-up menu in My Documents, in the Start Menu - where shortcuts are listed to the documents you recently used/opened - is gone, and the controls that would normally bring it back (Start Menu Properties->Start Menu tab->Customize->Advanced tab) are literally missing from that window.

Is there something I need to tinker with in the registry?

2. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

For the clock:

Switch to 'classic' view on Control Panel and open up Regional and Language options. Click Customize.

Then, under Time, change time format from HH:mm:ss to 'h:mm:ss tt'. Click OK, then again. Glance down at your notification bar, and you'll see the twelve hour time!

3. EqualCapitalD

EqualCapitalD Private E-2

Still having problems with my recent-documents-shortcuts list. It appears when I mouse over My Documents with the little black ">" in the Start menu, and the button has reappeared in Properties->Start Menu tab->Customize->Advanced tab->Recent Documents that clears the shortcut list, but the list itself likes to say 'Empty' all the time - no matter how many documents I've opened and want to come back to...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds