Help...weird stuff happening..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Amandala, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Amandala

Amandala Private E-2

Hi

This morning when I am at internet sites and am trying to type something, the favourites list on the right hand side of the screen keeps opening up and preventing me from typing properly. I close it, and then type and it opens up again.

If this means anything, I have a fiarly new keyboard that has a 'favourites' shortcut button. I rebooted the PC, but it's still doing it..

Any idea what's going on??

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Check the favourites key isn't 'stuck' ;)

3. Amandala

Amandala Private E-2

No it's not. It seems to have stopped now though, but no, the key wasnt stuck. Its a little round silver button on the top row of the keyboard, so doesnt get stuck if you know what I mean.

4. erikske

erikske Sergeant

Sometimes (especially with wireless keyboards) the ctrl, shift or alt keys get 'stuck'. They are not physically stuck, but the computer thinks you're still pressing them. This can be resolved by pressing all of them shortly (not together).
    On wireless keyboards this is caused by a low battery or a badly positioned receiver.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds