HELP! Windows explorer, media palyer, etc closing

Discussion in 'Software' started by nuriaz, Jan 20, 2008.

1. nuriaz

nuriaz Private E-2

Hi,
    I have a problem on my computer. I cannot use windows explorer (browsing files and folders) for more than few seconds or minutes. I get an error message and it closes.
    Same thing happens in windows player and MV2 player.

The problem DOES NOT happen on internet explorer.

I am running windows xp Professional SP2

Thanks!

Nuriaz

2. biddy187

biddy187 Private E-2

Hi there have you tried uninstalling MV2 player? this might be having a codec clash with media player i had a similar problem once where if you have alot of movies eg.avi/divx types and you more than one player on your system sometimes they both are previewing that specific folder because when you put thumnail view on its the codec that kicks in to display it even if you have it on detail or tile view try going in to the program preferences and uncheck the box that says this is my default player there will be something like that there.
    Failing this if a lot of damage has been done then get a copy of XP Repair its good for fixing file directories and a copy of sherlock 2 its a codec detection prog its tiny and tells you what need or dont need.

Good Luck !

3. nuriaz

nuriaz Private E-2

Hi, thanks for your reply,
    actually this problem was before i install the MV2 Player and that is why i installed it.
    Any way i have uninstall MV2 Players and the problem continues.

4. biddy187

biddy187 Private E-2

Have you inatalled different type of divx codec packages this can clash with one another or try the XP REPAIR PRO solution !

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds