HELP!!!!! windows media center

Discussion in 'Software' started by dory99, May 7, 2009.

1. dory99

dory99 Private E-2

I am using Vista home Premium, came with the laptop and media center keeps popping up all the time. It caused havoc when gaming and is just a real pain. I have disabled it in MSCONFIG but it still tries to open. I just get a box popping open saying it is not allowed to run. How can I stop it, it is driving me crazy

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It sounds like some type of media file is constantly trying to open, and because Media Center is the default app for this file, Media Center continues to try to open regardless of whether or not it's removed from your msconfig list. You have to find out which file is calling up Media Center (and why) and either remove it or somehow stop it from doing what it's doing.... but... then again... I'm not a Vista guru (yet ;) ) so I may be wrong, but it makes sense to me.... maybe take a look at the startup lists in the registry. Many items in the registry startup lists do not appear in the msconfig list.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds