Help windows only runs in safe mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by Amart90, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Amart90

Amart90 Private E-2

Hello,
    Something has happened to my computer as soon as I log in I get a blue screen and says windows has stopped working. I cannot do a system restore,it says past restore points were damaged. Computer works well in safe mode but need help getting it back to normal, any ideas on what I could do appreciate it.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, Amart90. Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

They'll need to know more information like make and model of computer and which version of Windows including Service pack you're running.

3. Amart90

Amart90 Private E-2

My laptop is a gateway fx p-7811 it runs Microsoft vista 64 bit

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Did the computer come with an OEM (Gateway) Windows install DVD? You should be able to repair Windows with it.

If not, see if you can access the recovery partition (if it has one) by pressing F11 on bootup.

5. Amart90

Amart90 Private E-2

Thank you very much I found the disk but before I found it I did some windows test with f-2 and it up and running normal if have any other problems I think the disk will work you the man

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds