Help with Apache Tomcat

Discussion in 'Software' started by Strider05, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Strider05

Strider05 Private E-2

Hi,

I'm new and don't know if this is the right place to post but...

I'm trying to use Apache Tomcat webserver to access two McKoi databases. I can access each by setting up the <context-param> <param-name>elements in WEB-INF web.xml but I have to use the same name for each (the default which is <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource</param-name> ) This works but only for access to just one db. Any other name does not seem to work and if I give both the same name this fails too.

Please can anyone offer any advice?

Many thanks

strider05

2. Strider05

Strider05 Private E-2

In case anyone else needs to know the solution is to have different names but to insert into the point where the sql is used a dataSource name that links to the param-name in web.xml e.g. ;
    <sql:query var='testcurzon' dataSource='jdbc/curzon'>
    My thanks to Brian Buchanan for his help in finding this. Please see JSTL specification from here:
    http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/index.jsp

and checkout page 121 for more details.

Strider05

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds