help with audio driver needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by jonnybax, Jan 7, 2009.

1. jonnybax

jonnybax Private E-2

Hi folks, luckily i've had no probs recentley so ive not had to bother u lot but I have just upgraded from XP to Vista home premium and seem to have lost sound, I think the problem is I have lost drivers.

Ive had a look around the forum but im a bit scared to just try things incase i make it worse, so i have done an everset scan and if anybody can help it would be muchly appreciated. ta

(i had problems uploading full report as it was too big??!?! so i just done the multimedia section - hopefully this is enough info)

thanks

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Sadly the multimedia scan is limited and doesnt give us some valuable info, like PC maker if an OEM like Dell, HP etc or the Motherboard maker like ASUS, Gigabyte etc

Kinda curious as to why you have WinVista Beta? where ws this Windows version from?

So run the custom report in the steps below and attach that report

In Everest
    Click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
    Choose System Summary Only > Next
    Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
    Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report, then click the Save as Type dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop is best as easy place to find it, use Browse to locate desktop)

Do NOTE that some parts of this report may have information on your email address and IP address, edit these out and resave the text doc before attaching

Then attach your log to your next post as per these instructions HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

3. jonnybax

jonnybax Private E-2

okay, done the scan.

Im not sure about the beta thing - i got my copy of vista from pcworld

Attached Files:

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

First download and install the chipset driver from this link. Restart the PC. Then download and install the sound drivers from this link. These are Vista 32bit drivers, if you have 64bit, let us know and we'll link the appropriate drivers.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!!

:-D

[dlb]

5. jonnybax

jonnybax Private E-2

okay so i followed ur instructions and from looking at device manager the drivers look in place and it says they are working but still no audio.

(i have made sure all speaker are connected and when i turned them on i get a little 'sound burst' so i think that side of it is ok)

i have done another scan.

Attached Files:

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If device manager say all devices are ok then try looking in control panel > hardware and sound > sound and playback tab and make sure the speaker device is set as default.

7. jonnybax

jonnybax Private E-2

yeah have done that. Im on the verge of a reboot unless i can get another suggestion from anyone. Also how would i go about re-installing vista with my upgrade dvd????

cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds