Help with AVG Auto update PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Software' started by mowgli, Jul 8, 2007.

1. mowgli

mowgli Private E-2

Hi,
    I'm using XP and running Grisoft's AVG Anti Virus Free Edition. When I try download updates by clicking on 'Check for Updates' A 'Browse for folder' pop up box appears. Up until now i've manually dowloaded them and saved to desktop and accessed them from there. How do I set it up to search the Grisoft update website, so the process is automatic. I tried selecting 'Program Files' - Grisoft - AVG7 / AVG Free, but it says 'no new files found'

Please help!

Mowgli

2. JakeD

JakeD Corporal

If you continue to have problems theres no harm in re-installing AVG.

Try the website too, the grisoft people can help you out

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/3/us/frt/0

let me know if you still have problems. ;)

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Open the AVG Control center.

Under View, set the program to Extended Mode.

In extended mode, click on Update Manager so it is highlighted. Now, click in the Properties button in the lower right-hand corner of the Control Center.

Make sure that "Do no ask for the update source" is unchecked, then click Apply and/or OK.

Back in the Control Center, Check for Updates. In the window that pops up, check the box "Do not ask for the update source next time", and then click on Internet.

Now AVG will connect and look for updates on the Grisoft servers.

4. mowgli

mowgli Private E-2

Hi,

Thank you for your advice, AVG now updates automatically !!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds