help with belkin router and port forwarding

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ShadyBlackCoupe, Oct 31, 2005.

1. ShadyBlackCoupe

ShadyBlackCoupe Private E-2

Hey
    Im currently trying to port forward so I can get better speeds when using Bit Torrent.
    First step I have to log into my router
    It says on the port forwarding site that the default IP to login in 192.168.2.1. when i try this it times out and firefox says there is no data in this document etc etc.
    What can i do?
    BTW: nobody has changed the default IP for the router

2. ShadyBlackCoupe

sorry btw is a belkin F5D7230uk4

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 - > these are often used, the first is quite common on belkin routers.

You then want to go to Virtual Servers and do stuff there :)

EDIT: Surefire way to find out the IP is to go to your Lan connection status, go to the Support tab and find the IP listed for Default Gateway. That should be your router's Ip.

Alternatively, go Run -> cmd . Type ipconfig /all and look for an entry marked Default gateway

4. ShadyBlackCoupe

yea that what i thought it lists 192.168.2.1
    which doesnt work :/

In IE it says current settings prohibit activex running so it may not be displayed properly but i went into settings and put activex on enabled

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds