Help with botched Intel ProSet NIC install/drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zapp, Jun 4, 2015.

1. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

gang, I am trying to re-do an ancient Gateway Profile 4 all-in-one. ugly machine, but it runs.
    problem is getting the onboard nic going. a previous stall mis-installed Intel Proset - some version for Win2K I suspect, but my install is Windows XP Home.

The device showing with a big yellow ? mark in Device manager is:
    VEN_8086&DEV_1039&SUBSYS_1049107B&REV_81

the only driver package i can find is the big wad that tries to install all sorts of things instead of just giving me drivers plainly id'd in a folder "WinXP-32" or somesuch.

can someone help? when I try to install the right one-big-package from intel it bails out saying one must remove the previous proset package. The previous Proset package was botched: it is not possible to uninstall it.
    short of erasing the OS and starting over, if I just had the BARE DRIVERS I could simply update via Device Manager and avoid all those programs Intel insists on my having.

thanks for your help
    z

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds