help with bulletproof ftp server

Discussion in 'Software' started by help, Nov 25, 2003.

1. help

help Corporal

i just setup my ftp so me and my cousins can sharesome stuff.i setup everthimg perfectly and ran it.but it only works when i login in to the ftp,when my cousins try they cant ,it either times out,or connection failure.thats kinda weird,can anyone help?thanks

2. help

help Corporal

not using router or firewall tryed diff ports too

3. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Some more details are needed:

What operating system are you and your cousin using ?
    What connection between you and your cousin ? (Internet, Local Area Network, etc.)
    What ftp client software are you and your cousing using ?
    What error message does your cousin get when connecting to your FTP ?
    What messages do you see in your FTP Server status log ?

If using WinXP remember to either turn off the builtin firewall (Network Settings) or open for the ftp port (21) and the data port (20).

If using Internet then make sure you are using the correct IP to reach each other (Many ISP who delivers modem solutions serves dynamic IP's). To see current Internet IP visit a place like this:

http://www.myip.dk/

If the client software is configure to use Passive Connection and the FTP Server doesn't, then you might be able to connect but not able to list see any files or directories.

P.S. Think this topic belongs in the Network section.

4. help

help Corporal

sorry. mods please move this post to networking section.

5. help

help Corporal

me and my cousin are using winxp home.the connection is internet.we are using bulletproof and ws ftp pro 8.02.he gets a timed out or connection failed.ports 20 and 21 are open

6. help

help Corporal

if anyone wants my i.p please pm me.i have a an i.p that changes all the time when ever i restart.but it doesnt affect the problem.because i email my cousin the correct i.p each time i restart .

7. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

What happens if you try to connect to your FTP server using your Internet IP ?

8. help

help Corporal

for me it works,i can connect to my server with IE and ws ftp ,but when someone else trys it it fails.i tred it on like 10 ppls,they all tested it it got connection failures

9. howie

howie Private E-2

10. help

help Corporal

nvm its workin now.i was usin wrong i.p.lol

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds